Bryan Kim CCC
I believe that people seek out therapy when they are facing pain and uncertainty. But working with a therapist doesn’t need to be something that only happens in a moment of crisis or at the breaking point of a relationship.
Therapy is also ideal during times of transition when you simply need some extra support and perspective. You owe it to yourself to take time for focus and reflection. Emotional intelligence and healthy coping skills have extraordinary value. Therapy may be considered an investment in your own personal wisdom.
I would be honoured to work with you as your therapist. When we meet, you’ll experience someone who cares, someone who is genuinely interested in helping you confront the problems in your life as you make your way towards positive, lasting change. Together we’ll explore your thoughts and feelings, and I’ll offer you fresh perspectives through evidence-based interventions informed by the latest scientific research. We will identify your potential for growth and challenge the beliefs and behaviours that keep you from experiencing happiness, harmony, and health.
You are the expert on your life. I want to collaborate with you to achieve healthy relationships with the people you love, and I want to help you discover the best version of yourself.
I would love to hear more about what is currently going on in your life and how therapy could support you.
My Professional Biography
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
Trinity Western University, Canada
Bachelor of Psychology
University of British Columbia, Canada
I am a:
– Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC), and a member in good standing of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
– Certified in trauma-informed practice
– Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
– Certified in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
– Certified in Early Psychosis Intervention (EPI)
– Certification in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
– Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitator
My Areas of Practice
I have worked with a diverse population including children, youth, adults, families, and couples in mental health and church based settings for over 15 years.
My therapy style is an eclectic approach that is conversational, casual, and interactive by incorporating new & traditional psychotherapeutic modalities – psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral (CBT), dialectical (DBT), and narrative – with mindfullness, attachment based practices, body & mind connection and trauma therapy.
I specialized in helping with:
- Anxiety, Selective mutism, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders, Depression
- Reactive attachment disorder
- Family conflict
- Exploration or deepening of faith/spirituality/religion
- Men’s issues & Identity Development
- Finding passion, meaning and fulfillment
- Chronic stress
- Procrastination and time management
I offer counselling in English and Korean.
I provide in-person counselling in our Coquitlam office, as well as virtually.