Christina Radziejewski, RCC
I believe that everyone has the strength and courage within themselves to say “Yes!” fully to life.
My goal as a therapist is to help individuals access their inner resources to overcome psychological and emotional barriers. Most importantly, I firmly believe that we each have the capacity to reach our fullest potential.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I spent 15 years employed in the corporate world. While I found corporate work interesting, it was not fulfilling nor was it meaningful for me. Somehow I knew that there was something else that I needed to do with my life. Subsequently, this knowledge led me back to school and eventually to become a clinical counsellor.
I founded Innova Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy to fulfil my calling. However, I don’t believe I have reached my fullest potential. Consequently, I challenge myself everyday to live the best possible life I can.
Along with my husband, I was coordinator and presenter of a marriage preparation program for engaged couples for a number of years. Additionally, I have served on the board of directors of Community Ventures Society in Port Moody, and I continue to volunteer in the community in other ways.
We have nine year old twin girls, and we enjoy spending our time experiencing their curiosity with life. Besides work and family, I could be found occasionally at the driving range trying to fix my golf swing.
My Professional Biography
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
Trinity Western University, Canada
Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Master of Business Administration
University of Strathclyde Graduate Business School, Scotland
I am a:
– Registered Clinical Counsellor, and a member in good standing of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
– Certified Administrator and facilitator of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator
– Certified Facilitator of the Adult Resilience Strong Not Tough program
My Areas of Practice
I have worked with a diverse population of clients, including children, youths, adults, and couples. My experience included both private practice settings, and with the Ministry of Children and Family Development. My clients have included children as young as 10 years and mature clients in their 60’s. Certainly, I am honoured to have worked with clients from all walks of life, cultures and religions, who present with a broad range of issues.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy services to individuals, couples, and families dealing with:
- Stress, burnout and the stuff that life throws at us
- Boredom with life, and the search for purpose and meaning
- Life transitions – loss of a loved one; adjusting from one phase of life to another; new community, new culture
- Marriage and relationship issues
- Pre-marital counselling
- Anxiety, panic attacks, fears, and other stuff that stops us from living a full life
- Self-esteem, confidence, and personal growth issues
All services are provided in English.
Empathetic and Solutions Focused Counselling
I offer my clients empathy, compassion, and a safe environment where they can achieve mental and emotional wellbeing. I use a blend of therapeutic approaches comprising of a blend of:
– Cognitive Behavioral Therapy,
– Solutions Focused Therapy,
– Client-Centred Therapy,
– Existential Psychotherapy,
– Positive Psychology,
– Rational-Emotive Behavioral Therapy,
– Gottman Method Couples Therapy
that are always focused on solutions and reaching your goals.
Certainly, the particular therapeutic approach that I use with a client depends on the immediate needs of that client. Therefore, at the end of the day, each therapy session will be a unique experience for my client and myself.