Extended Health Plans

Many employers provide extended health plans that include a yearly allocation for counselling. If you benefit from such a plan, we would encourage you to check with your provider if you are covered for services provided by a Registered Psychologist, a Registered Social Worker, or a Registered Clinical Counsellor.


Insurance coverage for counselling

All current practitioners at Innova Centre are Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC), with a Masters degree in Counselling Psychology or Clinical Psychology.

We counsel our clients from a range of therapeutic modalities, helping our clients to find clarity and peace during a challenging time in their lives. We also provide psychotherapy, which involves exploring childhood experiences, identifying internal conflicts, dysfunctional patterns, and generational influences. The goals of counselling and psychotherapy are to encourage emotional growth, healing from past trauma, behavioural modification, to name a few.

We are members in good standing with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). We are also members of the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), and members of the British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW).

In the province of British Columbia, psychologists are individuals who have pursued further training and have been awarded a PhD in the field of psychology. Their role in mental health is to diagnose as well as treat mental illness and provide psychological assessments.

We would encourage you to speak directly with your insurance provider to find out if you are covered for services by a Registered Clinical Counsellor prior to your first appointment.


Not covered?

If you are not covered by extended health, our Counselling Intern offers counselling at a reduced rate. Call us now at 604-484-2737, email us at info@innovatherapy.com for more information.