Page Menu

Financial Assistance Programs

Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP)

Have you been the victim of a crime? Or are you closely related to someone who was the victim of a violent crime? If you have been either physically or psychologically injured as a result of a crime, you are entitled to certain benefits provided by the Crime Victim Assistance Program. One of the benefits of the program is counselling.

At Innova Centre, our counsellors are trained to provide trauma counselling to individuals such as those impacted by crime. Several of our counsellors are registered with the Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP).

To read more about CVAP, click here.

You could click on the relevant link to start the application process, or you could call VictimLink BC to be connected to a Victim Service Worker near you who can assist you with an application.

VictimLink BC is a toll-free, confidential, multilingual telephone service available across BC and Yukon 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-563-0808.

ICBC Injury Recovery Program

The ICBC Injury Recovery program helps clients of ICBC who have been involved or impacted in a motor vehicle accident. Due to these injuries, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress, severe anxiety when driving or doing other simple tasks, or you may be suffering panic attacks. Innova Centre counsellors can help you manage your anxiety levels, decrease the impact of triggers, and help you feel better.

In the majority of cases, counsellors can and will invoice ICBC directly.

Several of our counsellors are ICBC Injury Recovery partners. Call us today to find out how we can help you.

Employee Assistance Program (EAP) &
Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)

Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) are programs provided by employers as a part of the benefits package they offer their employees. One of these benefits may be counselling. EAP or EFAP programs are typically limited to 3-4 sessions.

Ask your HR or Office Manager about the EAP or EFAP programs that are available to you and your co-workers.

Extended Health Plans

Many employers provide extended health plans that include a yearly allocation for counselling. If you benefit from such a plan, do check with your provider if you are covered for services provided by a Psychologist, a Social Worker, or a Clinical Counsellor.

All current professionals at Innova Center are clinical counsellors or social workers, with a Masters degree in Counselling Psychology or Social Work. We counsel our clients from a range of therapeutic modalities, helping our clients to find clarity and peace during a challenging time in their lives. We also provide psychotherapy, which involves exploring childhood experiences, identifying internal conflicts, dysfunctional patterns, generational influences, with the goal being to encourage emotional growth or behavioural modification.

We are members of the following professional associations:

British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW)

In the province of British Columbia, psychologists are individuals who have pursued further training and have been awarded a PhD in the field of psychology. Their role in mental health is to diagnose as well as treat mental illness and provide psychological assessments.

We encourage all new clients to find out what your entitlement is by speaking directly with a representative from your insurance provider.

If you are unsure about speaking with your insurance provider, we would be happy to make the call on your behalf. Call us today at 604-484-2737.

Not covered?

Some of our therapists offer a limited number of spots at a reduced fee. Call us now at 604-484-2737 or email us at for more information.